Skocz do zawartości

Squeaking and cracking sounds coming from the seatbelt area / piski i odgłosy dochodzące z okolic słupka mocowania pasów bezpieczeństwa

Gość gordan0

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Hey! I noticed this is Polish forum, I understand enough to put this thread in the right place, but that's it. So I would appreciate it if I could get feedback in english, so I thank you in advance! This is my first time posting, so I hope I'll do it right...

So, I have Opel Corsa 2008 1.2 80hp 5 door. I am annoyed by this squeaking and cracking in the car when driving on little bumps, holes and other uneven road. The sound seems to be coming from the "seat belt holder/panel/pillar" area(the place between front and back door where the seat belt rolls in when not in use).

Till now I never tried to fix it, I just put on loud music so I don't hear it because it really pisses me off! But, unfortunately I can't drive with loud music all the time, so I hope you can give me any info on how to get the squeaking and cracking dissapear. I read somewhere to use WD-40 lubricant, but no instructions on how to put it.

Do you have this problem and any solution to it?

p.s. If I wasn't clear about anything, please post questions so I can supplement the upper explanation.

first, please name the title of your post correctly - describing the problem...

naming as you did, eg. "help" flouts forum's regulations...

tell us why you writing on polish forum, there are many english ones... ;)

has been something done, repaired in this place? is it from both sides or only one (e.g. driver)?

have you tried to dismount this plastics? has am airbag been fired?

Tnx for the reply!

About the title, I can't edit it now, at least I don't know how :/ If admin sees this post, please rename it to "Squeaking and cracking sounds coming from the seatbelt area" or if too long, just "Squeaking and cracking noises".

I'm writing here because I googled it, and it was relevant search result to "opel forum" with other few forums as well :D So I posted in three :D:D (I was hoping of more chances of solving my problem)

Nothing was done to the car. No repairing, no crashes, no disamounting, no airbags fired, nothing. It's fabric. I haven't tried anything yet, I was first awaiting reply from people with the same problem solved by any chance. Seems to be coming from the both sides.

if everything is true what you wrote than I have no idea what it can be :(

IMHO there is nothing in the post B which can makes such noises, except plastics (and their connections) or mounting slot of seatbelts.

of course you excluded any additional sources of noise, anything what normally lies in this area. Eg. in my car sometimes the buckle of seatbelt knocks on the plastic at the post B or C (depends which seats).

Have you tried to localize the source of noises only yourself, or you tried also to drive with the passenger, and she/he looked for it?

Everything is as described, why would I lie or skip something :/

I excluded everything else because im 100% positive it comes from the seatbelt area, to be more specific, the inside. Feels like rubbing between the car chassis and the seatbelt plastic or either one by itself. It's not the buckle of the seatbelt knocking or anything else or similar. It's confirmed not only by myself, but also other passengers, it's not possible not noticing it! It's very annoying! :/

It's service time in about 2-3 weeks, so I'll ask the opel guys if someone else had this problem and how to fix it, and I'll share the info here.

Edytowane przez gordan0
redundant quote

if everything is true what you wrote than I have no idea what it can be :(

Everything is as described, why would I lie or skip something :/

you understood me wrong! I was wondering if you have this car from beginnings or you bought it as second-hand. In the second case is a chance that you do not know everything...

do you have a guarantee? if not probably better and cheaper will be if you do it yourself... at least to find the source of noise. Maybe someone from forum knows how to dismount plastics. I believe you that it is very annoying and turning up music is not a solution...

Czy ktos na forum wie jak zdemontowac plastiki slupka B? W corsie z 2008r? Jakis foto-przewodnik?

• 3 tygodnie później...

Solution found, problem solved! A friend of mine saw the car and recognized the problem in 1 minute!! I'm posting this so if someone has this kind of problem knows what to do. The problem was the "door lock" piece. So, here we go:

First of all, remove the plastic cover of the seatbelt roll-in area as so:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/1inside.jpg/

The problematic "Door lock" part(didn't know the right name, so a picture to clear it up):

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/2outside.jpg/

Screw and tighten it as seen below(optional:spray with WD-40 also. I did it =D ):

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/3outsidework.jpg/

Spray the inside of the screws part with wd-40:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/695/4insidespray.jpg/

The tools :D:D

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/5tools.jpg/

The squeaking was produced by friction of the chassis and the inside little part where the screws go thru (of which I don't really know the right purpouse, but I assume it is just some kind of a safety tile for the outside part, keeping it strong and in place etc.). Tighten all screws and the squeaking and cracking noise dissapears!

Edytowane przez gordan0